Williamstown CYMS Amateur Football Club (the Club) is fully committed to protecting everyone’s right to privacy. When collecting information, Club officials will comply with all aspects of the Victorian Information Privacy Act 2000 and the Health Records Act 2001.
It is the Committee’s responsibility to ensure that relevant Club officials are familiar with their obligations under the Acts and that the handling of both personal and health information is done so in accordance with the law.
- The club will only collect personal and health information that is required for its activities
- Information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected
- If information is required for other purposes other than those for which it was collected, agreement will be sought beforehand
- Information will only be accessed by Team Officials and Committee Members
- Information will be securely stored
- Information will be destroyed if it is no longer needed for any purposes
Inclusion Policy Statement
It is the intent of the Williamstown CYMS Amateur Football Club (the Club) that all players, members, volunteers and the wider club community uphold appropriate standards of respect and acceptance for others, regardless of difference.
Relevant Federal and State Legislation
The Club recognises its legislative duty of care under the relevant Federal and State Anti-Discrimination Laws (i.e. Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth), State Anti-Discrimination / Equal Opportunity Acts, etc.)
In all states and territories across Australia, unless a specific exclusion applies, it is unlawful to vilify or discriminate against anyone on a variety of grounds including, but not limited to the following:
- Irrelevant criminal record
- Political belief/activity
- Marital status
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Parental/carer status
- Family/carer responsibilities
- Religious belief/activity
- Gender identity/transgender status
- Lawful sexual activity/sexual orientation
- Social origin
- Irrelevant medical record
- Trade union membership/activity
In addition, the Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA) has a “Racial & Religious Vilification Policy” on its website.
The club’s Code of Conduct, culture and desired behaviour standards are consistent with this policy.
Any breaches that come to the attention of the committee will be dealt with in accordance with the VAFA Policy, the Club’s Code of Conduct and any relevant regulations.
Code of Conduct
The Williamstown CYMS Amateur Football Club Code of Conduct applies to all Players, Committee & Officials, Volunteers, Members and Supporters.
The Williamstown CYMS Amateur Football Club is committed to providing the best possible environment for its players, members and supporters. It places great value on fairness, sportsmanship, safety and socially acceptable behaviour. Our Club’s Code of Conduct is driven by these values and it is intended to re-enforce and enhance the club’s standing within the Hobsons Bay community and the wider VAFA football community.
The Code of Conduct will be reviewed annually by the Club’s Committee of Management in order to provide all involved with the CY’s with a clear set of expectations prior to the commencement of the new season.
General Behaviour Protocols
- Respect the laws of the game.
- Treat all players, fellow club members, supporters and members of the general public with respect and dignity.
- Treat all players, staff and supporters of opposition clubs in the same respectful manner.
- Show respect to ALL umpires and game day officials – acting at all times in a manner that reflects an appreciation of the sacrosanct role they play in the game.
- Respect the role of all club sponsors and volunteers by behaving in a gracious and courteous manner at all times.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the club’s policies and programs relating to:
– Alcohol consumption
– Religious and Racial tolerance
– Maintenance of a Smoke Free Club environment
– Vilification of, or discrimination against, any person on the grounds of their race, ability, religion or gender.
- Contribute positively to a safe club environment.
- Behave in a manner that brings credit and success to the club – both on and off the field.
- Contribute in a manner that brings credit and success to the club – both on and off the field.
Any knowledge of or breaches of this Code of Conduct may involve attendance by the relevant parties at an internal hearing convened by the Club’s Committee of Management and may result in a review of membership privileges or other remedial action deemed appropriate by Club’s Committee of Management.
Last updated: 1 December 2017