The Williamstown CYMS FC is seeking applications for a number of coaching roles at our club, including:
- U19s Premier Head Coach and Unders Program Lead, key role descriptors:
- Pathway Contribution: Working with the Senior Coach to transition players into open-age football and working with Williamstown Juniors on a smooth transition for the U16s boys.
- Program Management: Demonstrate the ability to implement effective systems and process to oversee a multi team program, while leading the Premier U19s team.
- Player development: Understands the stages of player development and the ability to implement these understandings into a successful program.
- Director of Coaching, key role descriptors:
- Support all head and assistant coaches in delivering high quality football programs.
- Provide operational support to all 8 teams.
- Grow and support the current player pathway program.
- Facilitate coaching development workshops and meetings
- Report to the Club Executive Committee on football program matters.
- Men’s Reserve Coach, key role descriptors:
- Support the senior coach in delivering a high-quality senior program.
- Game day coach of the Reserves team.
- Provide ongoing feedback to individual players.
- Provide game day analysis post game.
The Williamstown CYMS is a strong community club that fields 8 teams in the VAFA with its Men’s senior team playing in the Premier B Division. The club has strong community links that it has grown over the course of its 135 year history, with recent success being the 2019 Seniors and Reserves men Premier C Premierships.
Applicants for these coaching positions should be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Strong values and beliefs: Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of a positive, inclusive and respectful culture.
- Leadership: Displays outstanding leadership skills that support the growth and development of others.
- Communication: A strong communicator on and off the field, who values clear messaging and feedback as part of their coaching.
- Education: Has a strong understanding of the fundamentals of football and how to effectively implement these fundamentals into a holistic football program.
- Experience: Has a strong football background in coaching and the development of others.